Thursday, January 29, 2015

Halcraft Pretty Palettes January Challenge

Thanks Erin for a fun challenge! Here's the photo Erin Prais-Hintz picked for this months Pretty Palettes Challenge using Halcraft beads from Michaels stores...

Here are the beads she picked out...

Below are the beads that Laurel and I split. I was able to get the same ones, except my metal coiled beads are smaller than what Erin found. I like to try to keep as close to her choices, it's part of the challenge actually hunting through the bead aisle for them!

Here's the part of the photo that I really focused on... Notice the two small stems of green flowers that are hiding behind the purple succulent? Not sure what they are, but I found the perfect bead to represent them!


Here is my bracelet I made! When I was shopping for the beads, I found the silver leaves from Halcraft and snagged them up! I added a flower clasp, a large hole vintage glass bead, and waxed linen all from Allegory Gallery. The red and purple felted wool bead my mother made for me and the green glass drops I found in my seed bead stash. I am still deciding if I should embellish the cord ends with some pearls or cut them off. Opinions?

Here's the link to the Halcraft site and Erin's Blog post…
Check out what everyone else made!

http://www.halcraft.com/pretty-palettes/pretty-palettes-january-reveal-2 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! You picked up on the beauty of that green with the wine and pinks, too! In my project I ended up using some bluish green beads, but yours are perfect! I love all of the different colors, textures and finishes in your bracelet. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Miss Alison! The green just makes my heart sing! I love the leaves that you found. And what a great felted bead that is! I would say embellish those ends. They are too pretty not to! Thank you for joining in the Pretty Palettes challenge with me! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green is a wonderful addition! It makes the whole piece so alive like the floral bouquet! Yes, embellish the cord ends/1

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like a wearable vineyard! I love the way you made all the different elements come together. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely bracelet- the grace of the woven strands represents the inspiration picture so well. Christie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty bracelet .I reminds me of very delicate grapes mixed in red grapes a green grapes all happy in the same branch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a beautiful bracelet! I love the colors and the textures, especially that felt bead! I'm so glad I found your blog via The Inspired by Reading Book Club! I can't wait to see what else you create and I'm going to hop over and look at this ongoing challenge too!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...