Friday, May 29, 2015

Inspired by Reading: The Children's Book by AS Byatt

Thanks to Andrew for a fun meet up at Allegory Gallery for local book clubbers!

This month's book was a doozy! It was very daunting at over 700 pages on my Nook. And I must admit, I didn't get very far at all. The premise of her book seems fun and interesting, I will keep it on my nook to get back to a little at a time.

I took inspiration from the part in the beginning when the two main characters met and married when they were younger. Olive was playing Titania in A Midsummers Night Dream during a class on fairy mythology. "Olive Grimwith was dressed in floating moonsilver with peacock feathers, silken flowers and naked feet." 

I used a beautiful strand of Tourmalated Moonstone Briolettes with glass pearls and a Green Girl Studios fairy button as my clasp. 

It is VERY hard to capture the beauty of the Moonstone with an iPhone, so please use your imagination about how amazing the colors in the stone are!!

Thanks for looking! Hop around and see what everyone else made this month!


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and oh so elegant, Alison! Isn't it frustrating how hard it is to capture certain gemstone and beads with a camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your necklace is a thing of beauty! I love the moonstone and how you've incorporated the fairy button as a clasp. It's a stunning and fit for a fairy queen, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...