Sunday, August 7, 2016

Art Bead Scene August Challenge!

I know I say this every time, but this is my favorite challenge! I love to dig thru my art beads and / or scour etsy for the perfect beads to perfectly match! Thanks always to Art Bead Scene for hosting.
Here is this months art:  Park Near Lu - Paul Klee artist. It's a depiction of a park near Lucerne, Switzerland. I am especially fond of this piece because I have been to Lucerne Switzerland. So very possibly I may have been to this very park that Mr. Klee is painting. If you look squinty eyed and use your imagination you can see the pathways that meander through the park. Plus all the colorful flora and fauna that line the paths. I focused on the warm colors of the pinks/oranges/peaches/yellows for my necklace. Maybe I will make another focused on the cool colors?

I knew I would use my new Humblebeads for this, they are a fun disk shape and they have the perfect pink and peach colors with black. I also have been wanting to redo a piece with my Joan Miller mermaid pendant in the perfect shade of pink. Next I dug out some Barbara Bechtel faceted polymer clay rounds that I've had for a few years! OH, then I remembered I got a de-stash bag from Andrew Thornton which had a perfect lampwork glass bead by Joyce Rooks, I barely had to admire its beauty before I put it to work in this new creation!

My new favorite way of photographing jewelry is using Jes MaHarry's new coloring book as background. It's perfect for most of my creations! I hope I do her justice! Go and buy her book!

While the others haven't posted yet, visit the ABS site to check out the Pinterest site for all the new additions daily! Then check back on the 31st of August for the re-cap! 

4 comments:

  1. Alison your necklace certainly does a great job of pulling out all the warm colours in the painting. I can almost picture you getting excited as the bead combinations starting popping into your thoughts. Great fun
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design has a lot of interesting beads in it. Found my eye roaming around to take it all in. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful color choices and the beads that you chose really add and active feel to the necklace just like the painting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great necklace! I love the mermaid bead and the warm beads that you used along with it.

    ReplyDelete

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...