Sunday, April 30, 2017

ArtBead Scene: April 2017

 
Matamoe or Landscape with Peacocks
Paul Gauguin
1892
Oil On Canvas
My interpretation is with Mary Harding two hole beads and waxed linen. I used a Golem ceramic bead as the clasp. I picked these beads out of my stash because they have a different color scheme on either side and that is what struck me about the painting.... it has a very distinct cool color palette on the one side of the painting and a warm color palette on the other.
Check out ArtBeadScene.blogspot.com for more info on the Monthly Challenge.

I also made this very tribal necklace that was inspired by this painting. I had this huge amazing heart focal by Stacie Louise Smith and I used leftover beads from my stash in the same flat shape for this over the head statement piece!

5 comments:

  1. Until you called it out here I had somehow not noticed the cool/warm sides in the artwork. Not sure how I missed that but you certainly did a great job of bringing out the effect
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool design! What a great idea to use two-sided beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool! Wonderful choices for this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Observation, I didn't notice the duality of the color scheme before

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Bijoux you saw something that I only picked and chose from but you pulled it together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...